Painful Sex (Dyspareunia)
What is Dyspareunia?
Dyspareunia is the scientific name for pain during or after sex. It is in fact a common condition that will affect one in five women at some stage in their lives. The causes of painful sex can be attributed to an infection, an illness, physical issues in the vaginal area or psychological problems.
For the vast majority of women, pain during intercourse will be the result of vaginal dryness, leaving the sensitive vaginal tissues vulnerable during sex. However, dyspareunia can be caused by other conditions such as vaginismus, vulvodynia, infections or skin conditions such as Lichen Sclerosus.
Although some women might feel embarrassed or ashamed, it is important that you talk to your doctor to identify the cause of the problem as soon as possible and treat it efficiently.
How to stop painful sex with YES lubricants
Applying lubricant before sex can help to soothe the pain. YES lubricants provide immediate, safe relief thanks to their natural ingredients, offering gentle hydration of your delicate tissues. You can choose between water-based and oil-based lubricant.
YES WB water-based lubricant is a powerfully rehydrating, dual purpose, long-lasting vaginal lubricant and moisturiser that will protect and lubricate sensitive tissues during intercourse, and is also safe to use topically to remedy vaginal dryness. YES WB is pH matched to help maintain a healthy vaginal environment and its unique, patented plant-based formula provides instant but gentle relief from itching, soreness and painful intercourse.
YES OB oil-based lubricant offers a more robust and rich long lasting lubrication which can give added protection when severe vaginal dryness causes painful intercourse or Dyspareunia. YES OB contains several ingredients with proven track records as healing skin foods and rich emollients and it is designed to soothe, heal and offer the smoothest of lubrication. YES oil-based is not condom compatible.
“Lubrication is a very important part of the physical arousal process and often women will need additional lubrication to help them enjoy stimulation of the vulval area, including the clitoris and vagina.
Having tested all the lubrication available on the market, YES has, in my opinion, proved to be the best in terms of viscosity and maintaining moistness whilst not causing any irritation whatsoever. I recommend it to all my clients and also to the medical students I teach so that they in turn can recommend it to their future patients.”
Carol Daniels, Sex and relationship therapist
Why choose YES® to relieve painful sex?
- Both YES WB & YES OB lubricate naturally, reducing friction and easing penetration.
- They provide instant relief from dryness, irritation and discomfort.
- YES WB is specifically designed to look and feel like natural female lubrication
- YES WB and OB are taste and scent free
- Used frequently, YES WB & OB will resolve, soothe and rehydrate dry tissues.
- YES WB is suitable for use as an intimate moisturiser and sexual lubricant.
- YES WB is pH balanced to the vagina, meaning that it will help to restore and maintain your your natural protection against thrush.
- All YES products are hormone and paraben free, certified organic and hypoallergenic.
- YES WB & OB are recommended by healthcare professionals.