Home » Relieve menopausal intimate dryness naturally with YES VM
Relieve menopausal intimate dryness naturally with YES VM
As many as 80% of women entering menopause are affected by intimate dryness and about 50% of women post-menopause continue to experience dryness. The dryness occurs as a result of hormonal changes that are a natural part of menopause and can cause discomfort and pain, particularly when being intimate. While there are a number of treatments available on the market, most contain hormones or chemicals that can be irritating to your delicate tissues.
What causes menopausal dryness?
Intimate dryness is one of the most common symptoms of menopause and its onset can be fairly sudden at any stage of the menopause. Menopausal dryness mainly affects women between 40-65 years although it can happen at any time for reasons other than menopause.
It can be a shock to feel suddenly let down by one’s body and personal dryness can significantly impact intimacy for some women and leave many feeling inadequate, guilty and confused. It is not necessary to suffer in silence though and there are remedies to replace intimate moisture and improve elasticity and skin quality.
The mucous membranes of your personal area produce a fluid or natural lubricant that keeps it moist, elastic and strong. Estrogen in the body encourages the intimate tissues to produce this lubricant which is acidic to help protect your intimate areas from bacterial and fungal infections.
As estrogen levels fall during menopause, your tissues begin to produce less of this lubricant which can cause your intimate areas to become dry and the tissues to lose their elasticity and strength. As your tissues become thinner they become more fragile and sensitive.
What are the symptoms of dryness due to menopause?
The symptoms of menopausal intimate dryness are:
- Itching, dryness, burning, irritation, soreness or pain whilst being intimate. Without its natural lubrication your personal area becomes more fragile, less lubrication means more friction, which can damage the thinning mucosal membranes. Bleeding after being intimate can be a sign of tissue rupture. Forceful penetration can further tear fragile tissues.
- Menopausal itching is a very distressing symptom and can be internal or external. External itching can be due to the vulval tissues drying and losing their acidic and protective moisture.
- An increased susceptibility to infection is another possibility with menopause intimate dryness. As the acidity of the intimate area reduces, the usual protective environment loses its ability to fight infections such as Candida albicans (thrush) and other micro-organisms.
What are the treatments for menopausal dryness?
One of the most common seems to be “try to be intimate as often as possible”. This increases the blood flow, helps stimulate natural lubricant production and so keeps you moist. In fact, abstinence from intimacy is thought to make menopause dryness worse. This is the “use-it-or-lose-it” approach.
The treatment options include:
- HRT and local estrogen application (such as rings, pessaries and creams).
- Personal lubricants whilst being intimate, to make it less painful.
- Intimate moisturisers for regular rehydration of tissues. This is a similar principle to facial moisturisers.
Lubricant or Intimate Moisturiser – which should you use to treat menopausal dryness?
How YES VM helps to relieve menopausal dryness
YES VM Moisturiser is a natural plant polymer based moisturiser that protects and rehydrates sensitive tissues naturally, protecting them from infections by helping to restore the naturally acidic environment. YES VM is certified organic making it the purest solution to the symptoms of menopausal dryness. Case studies have confirmed that YES VM’s unique, pH matched patented plant-based formulation provides instant relief from itching soreness and discomfort as well as offering long term relief when used regularly.
Mr Nick Panay BSc MBBS MRCOG MFSRH – Director of the West London Menopause and PMS Centre
“In my capacity as a Consultant Gynaecologist with a special interest in premature menopause, I see many women suffering from menopausal atrophy, whose symptoms can be significantly eased through the use of an appropriate moisturiser / lubricant. Based on my professional experience of such products, and the feedback from my patients I can say without hesitation that the YES range proves to be one of the most successful in combating the discomfort of dryness. I have confidence that its natural formulation affords effective re-moisturisation, while treating sensitive tissues with great gentleness.”
Why use YES VM to treat menopausal dryness?
- Non-chemical, hypoallergenic, gentle, pure and free from all known skin irritants.
- Provides instant relief from dryness, irritation and discomfort.
- Used frequently, it will resolve, soothe and rehydrate dry tissues.
- Suitable for use primarily as an intimate moisturiser but can be used for intimacy too.
- pH balanced to restore and maintain the typical acidic environment. This ensures you retain your natural protection against thrush and bacterial infections.
- Hormone and paraben free; no known contraindications.
- Recommended by healthcare professionals.
- 100% satisfaction guaranteed
- Read our YEStimonials on menopause to understand how we can change your world from the inside.