YES VM - natural vaginal moisturiser
YES VM is a long-lasting natural vaginal moisturising gel. Designed to match the typical vaginal environment with none of the skin damaging or concerning chemicals typically found in vaginal moisturisers.
YES VM is also available via NHS prescription.
YES VM Key Features:
- Relieves vaginal atrophy and dryness, rapidly
- Alleviates irritation, itching and burning
- Moisturises and soothes dry and sensitive vaginal tissues
- Gentle and long-lasting rehydration
- Non-hormonal, estrogen-free
- Lasts up to 3 days per application
- Case studies show YES VM relieves vaginal dryness, itching, irritation and discomfort rapidly
- pH matched to restore and/or maintain vaginal health
- Bio-adhesive so releases moisture where needed
- Odourless, colourless, no stickiness or fallout
- Designed to match tissue osmolality* (this is important, see below)
- Compatible with natural rubber, latex and polyisoprene condoms and toys
- Internationally patent protected
Natural Vaginal Moisturiser
YES VM contains no Glycerine, no Propylene glycol, no Aspartame, no Parabens, no unpronounceable preservatives (like Diazolidinyl urea or Triethanoloamine or Imidazolidinyl urea) or Polyquaternium. Have a look at our comparison table below.
YES VM natural Vaginal Moisturiser is:
- Guaranteed pure and natural by its certified organic status
- Designed to be side effect free and deliver outstanding rehydration
- Innovative formulation with natural and organic ingredients
- Hypoallergenic: formulated to minimise the risk of allergies
Why is Osmolality important?
*We mentioned osmolality. A vaginal moisturiser is in contact with sensitive and dry tissues for much longer than an intimate lubricant, so it is even more important that the vaginal moisturiser is designed to release water where needed and to be formulated from ingredients that are gentle. YES VM has been designed to match these vulnerable tissues in two ways. Firstly the pH is balanced to match typical vaginal pH (fairly acidic at pH3.7-4.5) and secondly the strength and concentration of the ingredients used in YES VM also matches these tissues. This ingredients’ strength or concentration is called Osmolality. YES VM is iso-osmotic to vaginal tissues, this means that it will rehydrate tissues that need it, but will not pull or push water into the tissues, unlike strongly hypo or strongly hyper osmotic moisturisers, so minimising any chance of tissue damage.
Download a review article that discusses the importance of vaginal moisturiser and Lubricant Osmolality in more depth and read a more detailed explanation of Osmolality in personal lubricants.
How does YES VM work?
YES VM lubricates the vaginal vault, the natural hydrocolloids (gums) are bio-adhesive, they gently hold on to the dry walls of the vagina and release water, where needed, rehydrating dry mucosa. When used regularly, YES VM will restore the natural protective acidity of the vagina.
Directions for using YES VM
Each carton or pack of YES VM contains a leaflet with detailed instructions for use. To summarise:
- The pre-filled applicators deliver the right amount of YES VM to where it is needed. Discreetly and hygienically.
- The 100ml tube of YES VM does not have an applicator, it is used for finger application to the outer and inner intimate areas. Many women experience dryness not just internally.
- For best results apply regularly. This may be daily initially, and then after a week or so, every third day. YES VM is safe to use daily or as often as is needed for comfort.
- The frequency of reapplication depends on the severity of dryness. The natural and pure ingredients in YES VM mean you can apply as much as you need to feel comfortable, with no dosage concerns. YES VM is hormone free.
Compare YES VM to other Vaginal Moisturisers
YES VM has been responsibly designed and formulated to support rather than compromise intimate health.
Should I use YES VM or YES WB?
Both YES VM and YES WB are pH matched to typical vaginal pH which means both are ideal for vaginal use.
A Perfect Vaginal Lubricant’s osmolality would be hypo to iso-osmotic, this means it would release water more rapidly, rehydrating tissues and enable intercourse. YES WB is slightly hypo-osmotic. YES WB Personal Lubricant is designed to release water more rapidly than YES VM, to instantly rehydrate and lubricate dry tissues to enable intercourse.
A Perfect Vaginal Moisturiser’s osmolality would be iso-osmotic, this means it is identical in water concentration to vaginal tissues and will release water as and when it is needed over extended periods, such as 1-3 days. YES VM is Iso-osmotic. YES VM Vaginal Moisturiser is designed to release water to rehydrate dry vaginal tissues as needed, over extended periods, such as 1-3 days. YES VM will instantly sooth and calm irritation, itching and burning as does YES WB. YES VM is more of a slow release moisturiser, the rate of moisturising is determined by the degree of vaginal tissue dryness. The drier they are the more water will be released. YES VM puts your body in control of rehydrating herself.
Which product should I use, YES VM or YES WB?
YES VM Reviews
If you've tried our product why not rate it and add your review?
If you have tried our products and would like to submit a review please complete the form below. Please enter your name as you would like it to appear after the review, for example "Charlie, Scotland".
We do not require your email address or order number, but if you provide either this will help us to improve our service. If you provide both we will enter you into a monthly prize draw for free YES products.
Hi, I have just got VM and WB Iâ€™m not sure how often to use the VM Iâ€™m thinking that the WB is mainly for making love? We have not had full sex for 10 yrs so need some info from you guys please. Will it help with spending pennies every half an hour also. YES WB is predominantly a pleasure lubricant and YES VM is a vaginal moisturiser to help with vaginal atrophy/dryness and should be used at least every 1-2 days ongoing to help keep the vagina moisturised and hydrated, also ensuring the pH is kept at the optimum level.
Have you heard of the vaginal wellness program? It includes using a vibrator and YES organic vag lub every night, plus exercising your pelvic floor (Kegel exercises). I have been using YES water based since 2008 - but a year ago they changed the product so it burned all the time...and the burning lasted for 10 minutes...cause they changed the preservatives...something to do with shipping to France . So I switched to using a combination of the VM and the OB. OB does not burn. VM sometimes will but when I combine them together no burning occurs. Whewww thank God cause that burning sensation on the WaterBase really burns bad. Thanks to this combination and using my vibrator every night, I exercise and moisturize and I never have vaginal dryness. Plus I do this routine when I go to bed at night, and in the morning everything is absorbed . Nice to know I have max moisture where I need it! And I used these products for sex too and they work great for that also. So I hope these products never change cause I love having an organic lubricant!! . Thank you for your comments, we have found that very occasionally some people are sensitive to Sodium benzoate, although it is a food grade preserative and is very widely used in organic and natural products. We are very pleased to see that YES VM works for you so well.
Did you know the pill can cause vaginal dryness? I certainly didn't and I hadn't experienced it last time I was on it. The three doctors I went to see didn't seem to know about it either. And yet, apparently it is a thing. And it's a really uncomfortable thing. I couldn't be intimate with my partner without pain and bleeding. It was horrible and with doctors simply shrugging and suggesting more lube I was at my wits end. I tried every product available. Each one stung and it's one place to do nooooot want to sting. After searching the internet I found YesVM and when it didn't sting upon application I was happy with the momentary relief. And then with repeated applications (I was in a bad way, so sore, so sorry for myself) I began to actually heal. This had been going on for months, even after coming off the pill, but within a few days all felt good again. Best product out there and believe me, I've tried them all. I did also get a sample of the YesWB lube and I'm sorry to say I found it did sting, but no matter, I have found something that helps my main problem. There's a lot of shame and frustration with intimate issues, I'm so relieved I discovered YesVM.
Questions & Answers about YES VM
Please click on the questions to see the answers.
If you can't find the information you're looking for please feel free to ask us a question.
If you have a question about this product please complete the form below and we will provide an answer as soon as possible. If you include your email address we will respond to you directly as well as posting our response to this page.
- Can I use VM and WB together
- It is perfectly fine to use VM and WB together as is the same for all of our products.
- Is Yes VM sperm friendly?
- HelloAnother section of your website says this product is now approved on the NHS. Do you have the PIP codes and a print out sheet that can be e-mailed equivalent to the ones that can be accessed for YES WBthank you
- The PIP codes for YES VM are: 402-3420 Pre-filled applicators x 6 402-3412 100ml tube
- Hi,I'm looking for a good vaginal moisturizer, but I'm always scared away by the list of ingredients. This one's composition doesn't look bad but I have to admit that I'm a little concerned about the phenoxyethanol, even if it comes last in the list. I read it was potentially cancerogen. Is it safe ? Thanks
- For your reassurance, you can read what we say about preservatives on our website and why we chose Phenoxyethanol (we have to use preservatives to be responsible suppliers of water-based products) www.yesyesyes.org/ingredients.htm We use Phenoxyethanol as a preservative because it has the best safety record and is not a mucous membrane irritant. If we knew a naturally derived preservative system that actually worked, we would use it, we are constantly testing all proven preservatives and so far have not found a naturally derived one that is non-irritating for the mucous membranes and works well. Phenoxyethanol has been extensively tested and is not cyctotoxic, mutagenic or a carcinogen. It is a frequently used pharmaceutical preservative and is known for being non toxic.
- Why doesn't VM come with applicator so many of my menopausal patients ask me for an applicator?
- We do not supply reusable applicators with any of our tubes as you are to apply with your fingertips. We do however offer pre-filled applicators for YES VM, WB and OB, which helps administer the product much higher into the vaginal area than fingers can reach. We made the decision to not offer reusable applicators because of the higher risk of cross-contamination with an organic product.
Free P&P on orders over $50!
Please note that this product does not come with a reusable applicator.
5 / 5 based on 17 reviews - click to read
locust bean gum*
*certified organic ingredients
"I've used a Yes lubricant before (as all others give me a stinging sensation) and it is amazing:) no sting! "