YES VM - natural vaginal moisturiser
YES VM is a long-lasting natural vaginal moisturising gel. Designed to match the typical vaginal environment with none of the skin damaging or concerning chemicals typically found in vaginal moisturisers.
YES VM is also available via NHS prescription.
YES VM Key Features:
- Relieves vaginal atrophy and dryness, rapidly
- Alleviates irritation, itching and burning
- Moisturises and soothes dry and sensitive vaginal tissues
- Gentle and long-lasting rehydration
- Non-hormonal, estrogen-free
- Lasts up to 3 days per application
- Case studies show YES VM relieves vaginal dryness, itching, irritation and discomfort rapidly
- pH matched to restore and/or maintain vaginal health
- Bio-adhesive so releases moisture where needed
- Odourless, colourless, no stickiness or fallout
- Designed to match tissue osmolality* (this is important, see below)
- Compatible with natural rubber, latex and polyisoprene condoms and toys
- Internationally patent protected
Natural Vaginal Moisturiser
YES VM contains no Glycerine, no Propylene glycol, no Aspartame, no Parabens, no unpronounceable preservatives (like Diazolidinyl urea or Triethanoloamine or Imidazolidinyl urea) or Polyquaternium. Have a look at our comparison table below.
YES VM natural Vaginal Moisturiser is:
- Guaranteed pure and natural by its certified organic status
- Designed to be side effect free and deliver outstanding rehydration
- Innovative formulation with natural and organic ingredients
- Hypoallergenic: formulated to minimise the risk of allergies
Why is Osmolality important?
*We mentioned osmolality. A vaginal moisturiser is in contact with sensitive and dry tissues for much longer than an intimate lubricant, so it is even more important that the vaginal moisturiser is designed to release water where needed and to be formulated from ingredients that are gentle. YES VM has been designed to match these vulnerable tissues in two ways. Firstly the pH is balanced to match typical vaginal pH (fairly acidic at pH3.7-4.5) and secondly the strength and concentration of the ingredients used in YES VM also matches these tissues. This ingredients’ strength or concentration is called Osmolality. YES VM is iso-osmotic to vaginal tissues, this means that it will rehydrate tissues that need it, but will not pull or push water into the tissues, unlike strongly hypo or strongly hyper osmotic moisturisers, so minimising any chance of tissue damage.
Download a review article that discusses the importance of vaginal moisturiser and Lubricant Osmolality in more depth and read a more detailed explanation of Osmolality in personal lubricants.
How does YES VM work?
YES VM lubricates the vaginal vault, the natural hydrocolloids (gums) are bio-adhesive, they gently hold on to the dry walls of the vagina and release water, where needed, rehydrating dry mucosa. When used regularly, YES VM will restore the natural protective acidity of the vagina.
Directions for using YES VM
Each carton or pack of YES VM contains a leaflet with detailed instructions for use. To summarise:
- The pre-filled applicators deliver the right amount of YES VM to where it is needed. Discreetly and hygienically.
- The 100ml tube of YES VM does not have an applicator, it is used for finger application to the outer and inner intimate areas. Many women experience dryness not just internally.
- For best results apply regularly. This may be daily initially, and then after a week or so, every third day. YES VM is safe to use daily or as often as is needed for comfort.
- The frequency of reapplication depends on the severity of dryness. The natural and pure ingredients in YES VM mean you can apply as much as you need to feel comfortable, with no dosage concerns. YES VM is hormone free.
Compare YES VM to other Vaginal Moisturisers
YES VM has been responsibly designed and formulated to support rather than compromise intimate health.
Should I use YES VM or YES WB?
Both YES VM and YES WB are pH matched to typical vaginal pH which means both are ideal for vaginal use.
A Perfect Vaginal Lubricant’s osmolality would be hypo to iso-osmotic, this means it would release water more rapidly, rehydrating tissues and enable intercourse. YES WB is slightly hypo-osmotic. YES WB Personal Lubricant is designed to release water more rapidly than YES VM, to instantly rehydrate and lubricate dry tissues to enable intercourse.
A Perfect Vaginal Moisturiser’s osmolality would be iso-osmotic, this means it is identical in water concentration to vaginal tissues and will release water as and when it is needed over extended periods, such as 1-3 days. YES VM is Iso-osmotic. YES VM Vaginal Moisturiser is designed to release water to rehydrate dry vaginal tissues as needed, over extended periods, such as 1-3 days. YES VM will instantly sooth and calm irritation, itching and burning as does YES WB. YES VM is more of a slow release moisturiser, the rate of moisturising is determined by the degree of vaginal tissue dryness. The drier they are the more water will be released. YES VM puts your body in control of rehydrating herself.
Which product should I use, YES VM or YES WB?
YES VM Reviews
If you've tried our product why not rate it and add your review?
If you have tried our products and would like to submit a review please complete the form below. Please enter your name as you would like it to appear after the review, for example "Charlie, Scotland".
We do not require your email address or order number, but if you provide either this will help us to improve our service. If you provide both we will enter you into a monthly prize draw for free YES products.
Did you know the pill can cause vaginal dryness? I certainly didn't and I hadn't experienced it last time I was on it. The three doctors I went to see didn't seem to know about it either. And yet, apparently it is a thing. And it's a really uncomfortable thing. I couldn't be intimate with my partner without pain and bleeding. It was horrible and with doctors simply shrugging and suggesting more lube I was at my wits end. I tried every product available. Each one stung and it's one place to do nooooot want to sting. After searching the internet I found YesVM and when it didn't sting upon application I was happy with the momentary relief. And then with repeated applications (I was in a bad way, so sore, so sorry for myself) I began to actually heal. This had been going on for months, even after coming off the pill, but within a few days all felt good again. Best product out there and believe me, I've tried them all. I did also get a sample of the YesWB lube and I'm sorry to say I found it did sting, but no matter, I have found something that helps my main problem. There's a lot of shame and frustration with intimate issues, I'm so relieved I discovered YesVM.
Brilliant product. Have been using VM for 2 weeks now and cannot believe the difference it has made to my life!! Am hoping it will keep uti's away too. I will also be asking my doctor for a prescription but when asked previously they said they do not prescribe anything for my problem!!
Fantastic product I was dry and sore 7 years post menopause and lovemaking was uncomfortable lube wore off very quickly . Iâm in a new very physical relationship and my man canât tell so well done on a great product
Questions & Answers about YES VM
Please click on the questions to see the answers.
If you can't find the information you're looking for please feel free to ask us a question.
If you have a question about this product please complete the form below and we will provide an answer as soon as possible. If you include your email address we will respond to you directly as well as posting our response to this page.
- Why doesn't VM come with applicator so many of my menopausal patients ask me for an applicator?
- We do not supply reusable applicators with any of our tubes as you are to apply with your fingertips. We do however offer pre-filled applicators for YES VM, WB and OB, which helps administer the product much higher into the vaginal area than fingers can reach. We made the decision to not offer reusable applicators because of the higher risk of cross-contamination with an organic product.
- Can a "re-usable applicator" (purchased separately) be used with the WB and the VM products, instead of using finger to apply? If so, how much ml should be used with each application using applicator ?
- It is possible to buy and fill a resusable applicator with these YES products. We recommend 5ml per application. This is the volume in our pre-filled applicators.
- I foolishly threw the information sheet away and cannot remember how long I should keep VM before renewing. What is the expiry time usually.
- Thank you for your enquiry about VM’s shelf life. Don’t worry about having thrown the package insert away – because every batch has its own expiry date, it is not printed on the carton or the insert. You will find the use by date on the crimp of your tube or applicator – it is embossed, so you may need to look at it in a clear light.
- am I able to safely use VM and WB or OB safely together?
- We can assure you that you can use any of the YES range together safely as they are only food and plant-based.
- I am a long term user of your water based lubricant which is fabulous. For years I have suffered from re-current thrush which is now reasonably well controlled since my GP has prescribed me a weekly antifungal tablet (50mg). I still occasionally get an out-break which I have to treat with a bigger dose of (150mg) and a vaginal pessary. Whilst I'm waiting for that treatment to work, my vulva is swollen, sensitive and painful. Do you think either YES WB or YES VM may help releive this? If so, which of the two products would you recommend? Many thanks.
- Products such as certain soaps, intimate wipes or lubricants, especially if glycerine based, can compromise your vaginal health by provoking Thrush to thrive. It is therefore essential that products used in the intimate area have the right pH. Unless the pH is matched to the right protective acidity for the vagina, and the product has a raised pH, making it too alkaline, your intimate environment will lack its natural ability to repel infections such as BV. For many reasons we believe our lubricants safeguard intimate health, through their pure, organic formulations and their carefully controlled pH. Of course, there may be some underlying condition we are unaware of, or circumstantial factors which are contributing to the presence of Thrush, but YES WB water based and YES VM vaginal moisturiser will balance your pH and restore your natural protection.
This month YES 'Goes Red' for The Eve Appeal and will donate 20p from every tube of VM sold supporting ground breaking research into gynaecological cancer.
Free P&P on orders over $50!
Please note that this product does not come with a reusable applicator.
5 / 5 based on 15 reviews - click to read
locust bean gum*
*certified organic ingredients
"I am extremely satisfied with these products "