YES VM - natural vaginal moisturiser
YES VM is a long-lasting natural vaginal moisturising gel. Designed to match the typical vaginal environment with none of the skin damaging or concerning chemicals typically found in vaginal moisturisers.
YES VM is also available via NHS prescription.
YES VM Key Features:
- Relieves vaginal atrophy and dryness, rapidly
- Alleviates irritation, itching and burning
- Moisturises and soothes dry and sensitive vaginal tissues
- Gentle and long-lasting rehydration
- Non-hormonal, estrogen-free
- Lasts up to 3 days per application
- Case studies show YES VM relieves vaginal dryness, itching, irritation and discomfort rapidly
- pH matched to restore and/or maintain vaginal health
- Bio-adhesive so releases moisture where needed
- Odourless, colourless, no stickiness or fallout
- Designed to match tissue osmolality* (this is important, see below)
- Compatible with natural rubber, latex and polyisoprene condoms and toys
- Internationally patent protected
Natural Vaginal Moisturiser
YES VM contains no Glycerine, no Propylene glycol, no Aspartame, no Parabens, no unpronounceable preservatives (like Diazolidinyl urea or Triethanoloamine or Imidazolidinyl urea) or Polyquaternium. Have a look at our comparison table below.
YES VM natural Vaginal Moisturiser is:
- Guaranteed pure and natural by its certified organic status
- Designed to be side effect free and deliver outstanding rehydration
- Innovative formulation with natural and organic ingredients
- Hypoallergenic: formulated to minimise the risk of allergies
Why is Osmolality important?
*We mentioned osmolality. A vaginal moisturiser is in contact with sensitive and dry tissues for much longer than an intimate lubricant, so it is even more important that the vaginal moisturiser is designed to release water where needed and to be formulated from ingredients that are gentle. YES VM has been designed to match these vulnerable tissues in two ways. Firstly the pH is balanced to match typical vaginal pH (fairly acidic at pH3.7-4.5) and secondly the strength and concentration of the ingredients used in YES VM also matches these tissues. This ingredients’ strength or concentration is called Osmolality. YES VM is iso-osmotic to vaginal tissues, this means that it will rehydrate tissues that need it, but will not pull or push water into the tissues, unlike strongly hypo or strongly hyper osmotic moisturisers, so minimising any chance of tissue damage.
Download a review article that discusses the importance of vaginal moisturiser and Lubricant Osmolality in more depth and read a more detailed explanation of Osmolality in personal lubricants.
How does YES VM work?
YES VM lubricates the vaginal vault, the natural hydrocolloids (gums) are bio-adhesive, they gently hold on to the dry walls of the vagina and release water, where needed, rehydrating dry mucosa. When used regularly, YES VM will restore the natural protective acidity of the vagina.
Directions for using YES VM
Each carton or pack of YES VM contains a leaflet with detailed instructions for use. To summarise:
- The pre-filled applicators deliver the right amount of YES VM to where it is needed. Discreetly and hygienically.
- The 100ml tube of YES VM does not have an applicator, it is used for finger application to the outer and inner intimate areas. Many women experience dryness not just internally.
- For best results apply regularly. This may be daily initially, and then after a week or so, every third day. YES VM is safe to use daily or as often as is needed for comfort.
- The frequency of reapplication depends on the severity of dryness. The natural and pure ingredients in YES VM mean you can apply as much as you need to feel comfortable, with no dosage concerns. YES VM is hormone free.
Compare YES VM to other Vaginal Moisturisers
YES VM has been responsibly designed and formulated to support rather than compromise intimate health.
Should I use YES VM or YES WB?
Both YES VM and YES WB are pH matched to typical vaginal pH which means both are ideal for vaginal use.
A Perfect Vaginal Lubricant’s osmolality would be hypo to iso-osmotic, this means it would release water more rapidly, rehydrating tissues and enable intercourse. YES WB is slightly hypo-osmotic. YES WB Personal Lubricant is designed to release water more rapidly than YES VM, to instantly rehydrate and lubricate dry tissues to enable intercourse.
A Perfect Vaginal Moisturiser’s osmolality would be iso-osmotic, this means it is identical in water concentration to vaginal tissues and will release water as and when it is needed over extended periods, such as 1-3 days. YES VM is Iso-osmotic. YES VM Vaginal Moisturiser is designed to release water to rehydrate dry vaginal tissues as needed, over extended periods, such as 1-3 days. YES VM will instantly sooth and calm irritation, itching and burning as does YES WB. YES VM is more of a slow release moisturiser, the rate of moisturising is determined by the degree of vaginal tissue dryness. The drier they are the more water will be released. YES VM puts your body in control of rehydrating herself.
Which product should I use, YES VM or YES WB?
YES VM Reviews
If you've tried our product why not rate it and add your review?
If you have tried our products and would like to submit a review please complete the form below. Please enter your name as you would like it to appear after the review, for example "Charlie, Scotland".
We do not require your email address or order number, but if you provide either this will help us to improve our service. If you provide both we will enter you into a monthly prize draw for free YES products.
Tried YES VM for some weeks now and I have to say, what a massive difference there has been, will definitely keep using this moisturiser for as long as I need to. Brilliant.
After many doctors trips with seemingly undiagnosable vulva irritation & dryness that flares up pretty regularly I ordered YesVM when I reached my witts end, and it's been a game changer. I felt so ashamed to be having problems like this as a 17 year old as it effects my intimacy with my boyfriend and my self esteem. The pain/irritation becomes almost unbearable sometimes but this product has improved my natural moisture so much and has restored my confidence. Unlike other products it doesn't give a horrible burning sensation and it feels just like natural moisture. Anyone thinking about buying this, do it! This product is amazing and has made me feel like myself again.
I was prescribed another brand of moisturiser which irritated me. I was then prescribed estriol which I was worried about as it was synthetic and was not happy about using. My doctor then prescribed yes VM and I've been using this for over a year and I wouldn't use anything else. I use it every three days and haven't had any problems whatsoever so this product gets more than five stars it's brilliant and I would certainly recommend it .
Questions & Answers about YES VM
Please click on the questions to see the answers.
If you can't find the information you're looking for please feel free to ask us a question.
If you have a question about this product please complete the form below and we will provide an answer as soon as possible. If you include your email address we will respond to you directly as well as posting our response to this page.
- Can you use Yes VM along with Yes WB lubricant together. Thank you. As i need the moisturiser and a lubricant for before lovemaking.
- The VM is all about the health of the vagina, getting your intimate tissues hydrated and comfortable. To help with lovemaking we would suggest using the WB and the OB together for the 'Double Glide effect' which stops a lot of the discomfort.
- Hi. Is it safe to use VM every day for a long period of time? I do not think I used it often enough in the beginning, and find three days too long between applications.
- You can use any of our products as much as you need as our products do not have any 'nasties' in
- Can the VM be used every day indefinitely?
- The VM can be used as much as you feel necessary
- do you test on animals? how does this differ from Replens and Vagisil?
- To be completely transparent it is a bit of a long story, 10 years in fact. Up until 2015 our company and products were certified cruelty free by Cruelty Free International and our company was on their website but in April 2015 they changed their policy and told us: “we have been reviewing the Humane Standards; we have now concluded that sanitary and lubricant products fall outside the definition of a ‘cosmetic’ and therefore outside the scope of the standard.” This means YES products are no longer able to be certified Cruelty Free. All YES products are, as Cruelty Free International imply, not classified as cosmetics but are Medical Devices and fall under different regulations. We are completely against animal testing, on our products or any cosmetic or medical device and no animal testing is ever carried out in the design, formulation or manufacture of our products. We never require any raw material or ingredient to be tested on animals and we believe intimate lubricants should be side effect free, so we design all YES products to be side effect free, from the bottom up. The use of skin beneficial, food grade and non-irritating raw materials means our products should not require additional proof of safety, in an animal testing sense. The ingredients themselves denote safety. However, some Regulatory bodies, such as the FDA in USA legally require that lubricants are tested on animals, prior to being imported into USA, to guarantee that they are safe for human use. In order for our products to be sold in the USA, we have had to comply with FDA regulations which require one time testing of YES WB water based and YES OB Plant-oil based on animals, to demonstrate the safety of the products. We were comforted by the knowledge that the experience would not have been uncomfortable for the animals – as we had performed several in-vitro (petri dish/test tube not in live animals) studies in an attempt to avoid the animal tests. We fought this requirement for years, citing our 10 year safety record with human customers, and our safe food grade ingredients, but this evidence was not acceptable to the FDA who insist on nominal animal testing, carried out according to their protocol in USA to satisfy their safety criteria. We remain completely and utterly against animal testing and support the recognition and adoption of non-animal testing alternatives, such as the slug mucosal assay (which does not harm the slugs, I hasten to add). Feel free to check out our Values, here: https://www.yesyesyes.org/yes-values/ Our products differ from Replens and Vagisil as they do not contain any 'nasties, like Parabens (Estrogen mimics) and Glycerine (Mucosal Irritant)
- I'm dealing with severe vaginal atrophy. Everything I have tried as a moisturizer, burns so bad I need something without alot of additives in it. Would the YES product help with this?
- YES VM is the products we would recommend to help with vaginal atrophy. Our products do not contain any 'nasties' or known skin irritants so should not have any side effects.
Sorry, currently out of stock.
Please enter your email address below to be notified when it is back in stock.
Free P&P on all orders this weekend!
Please note that this product does not come with a reusable applicator.
5 / 5 based on 24 reviews - click to read
locust bean gum*
*certified organic ingredients
"Your products are the very best because they heighten pleasure, are easy to use, and bring no worries about toxic ingredients. "