Home » YES Organic Intimacy Week
YES Organic Intimacy Week
What is Organic Intimacy Week?
This week is The YES YES Company’s chance to shout about the importance of organic and why product purity matters. Our certified organic status is at the heart of our value system and our mission to ‘change the world from the inside’.
When it comes to skin care, we’re very good at paying attention to our face. It’s a no-brainer to seek out a moisturiser if our skin’s dry, or invest in a blemish buster when acne appears. We may even opt for natural ‘clean’ skin care products. But when it comes to our intimate health, chances are most of us won’t give the products we’re using much thought, let alone the ingredients within them. After all, surely the shower gel we use every day is designed for our delicate tissues? Sadly, that’s not always the case.
When it comes to intimate care, mainstream products can actually contain ingredients, such as parabens or hormones which can cause irritation or tissue damage. The American Journal of Public Health suggests that around 60% of what we put onto our skin (particularly the sensitive tissues around the vagina or penis) can get into the body. We know ‘we are what we eat’ but we are also what we put onto our skin.
By choosing an organic product certified by a third party organisation such as the Soil Association, you can trust that their entire manufacturing process including sourcing of ingredients, formulation procedures and premises, as well packaging has passed a rigorous certification process. Brands that pass the certification process, like YES, have been given the stamp of approval.
Here at The YES YES Company, we are passionate about ‘doing the right thing’ for our customers and so our Organic Intimacy Week campaign aims to educate consumers on what to look for when choosing a product, placing importance on:
- Brand transparency – choosing a brand certified by a third party such as the Soil Association in order to guarantee their integrity and purity of ingredients.
- Being able to understand the ingredients on a label, in order to make informed decisions about products purchased and understanding the effects of these ingredients on the body.
- Understanding that by swapping to organic you can support a system that supports animals, wildlife and the environment.
When is the campaign?
The campaign will run from 31st August to 6th September 2020 and incorporates World Sexual Health Day on Friday 4th September.
How can you get involved?
Enter our exclusive YES Organic Intimacy Week social media competition to win an organic hamper filled with Soil Association certified skincare and lifestyle goodies! (Entries open Friday 4th September)
Join our Organic Intimacy Live Q&A on our @yes_organics Instagram account and @YES_Lube Twitter account at 7pm on Wednesday 2nd September. The YES team will be answering questions on the importance of organic and intimate health.
Keep an eye out for our informative organic blog series, ranging from topics such as ’What does organic actually mean?’, ‘When did you last check the label?’, ‘The importance of clean wellbeing’ and ‘Voting with your wallet.’
Follow us on social & join our mailing list!
Don’t forget to follow us on our social media channels and sign up to our newsletter to receive the latest Organic intimacy Week news and exclusive offers.
*Win an Organic Hamper Worth over £350!*
To celebrate Organic September, we’re launching a social media competition (our biggest yet!) to promote the benefits of swapping your everyday ‘essentials’ to certified organic products. One lucky winner will receive an organic product hamper featuring Soil Association certified brands including:
- A selection of YES Lubricants
- Greenscents The Minis Collection
- HayMax™ VIP Collection (including HayMax Pure, Kids, Frankincense, Aloe Vera & Lavender)
- Inlight Beauty, Skincare Essentials Set
- Natracare Regular Applicator Tampons , Regular Ultra Pads & Curved Panty Liners
- Odylique Creamy Coconut Cleanser, Calming Rose Super Tonic & Timeless Rose Moisturiser
- Soap Folk, Mindful Soap Bundle
- Tabitha James Kraan, Scented Hair Oil
- Terre Verdi, NeroliPom Moisturiser
- Therapi, Propolis+ Ultra Radiance Cream
- True Skincare, Cacay & Frankincense Oil
How do I enter?
Entry is free!
- Sign up to The YES YES Company email newsletter here to be entered.
- Head to one of our social media channels (Instagram/Twitter) and find the competition post.
- Follow the social media accounts of the brands tagged in the post.
- For a bonus entry, share the post on your social media story.
The winner will be announced on Monday 7th September 2020. Good luck!