YES® say NO to Greenwashing
The YES YES Company joins Provenance®- the global leaders in sustainability marketing technology
YES® believe each of us deserves to know the facts about how products are made and their impact on people and planet. With the rise in ‘greenwashing’ in the beauty and wellness industry, the need for transparency and claim-verification has never been more important. That’s why we’ve joined Provenance – the global leaders in sustainability marketing technology.
Provenance® aims to protect shoppers from greenwashing using ‘Proof Points’, connecting 'green' claims to evidence from the supply chain or third-party verification. Their goal is to drive positive change through transparency, helping customers to make informed buying choices.
How do we work with Provenance?
Provenance® is helping us (along with more than 200 other brands) share credible, compelling and fact-checked social and environmental impact information with brand and product Proof Points. Proof Points are interactive icons representing a claim about a business or product. You’ll find these across our website and in particular, our product pages.
YES® proof points and what they mean
- Soil Association Organic. Products with this accreditation must legally comply with the EU Organic Regulation as well as with Soil Association’s strict ingredients and manufacturing regulations. At least 70% of (non-water) ingredients must be certified organic. We are proud that all YES® products are a minimum of 75% certified organic.
- Widely Recyclable Packaging. Product packaging with this certification is kerbside collected and can be broken down into raw materials and repurposed so it can be used again. Products may include up to 1% of non-recyclable components that won't impede the overall recyclability.
- Vegetarian Society Approved or Vegetarian Society – Vegan Approved. Products must be free from animal flesh, meat or bone stock, animal or carcass fats, gelatine or aspic. To be free from genetically modified organisms (GMOs). There must also be no cross-contamination with non-vegetarian products during production process and be cruelty-free - no animal testing is permitted.
- FSC. All wood, paper, and other forest products made with materials from well-managed forests and/or recycled sources.
- Made in Britain. All YES® products are made in Britian.
- Female Led Business. YES® was founded and continues to be led by two extraordinary women, Sarah Brooks and Susi Lennox.
- Living Wage. All HQ employees at YES are earning more than the National Living Wage.