Home » How does YES VM Vaginal Moisturiser successfully treat vaginal atrophy?
How does YES VM Vaginal Moisturiser successfully treat vaginal atrophy?
How does YES VM work?
YES VM is a water based vaginal moisturiser that contains a unique mixture of plant polymers that strongly hold and carry water. The plant polymers are bio-adhesive, so they coat the vaginal tissues and “pump” water into them. YES VM starts working immediately, and so gives an instantaneous soothing and relieving effect.
As the vaginal tissues re-moisturize they recover their natural elasticity and functions. The degree to which their full function is able to return may be dependant on the severity of the vaginal atrophy.
How often to use YES VM?
Case studies have shown that YES VM continues to moisturise for 1-3 days, sometimes longer, depending on vaginal conditions and the rate of moisturization. YES VM’s unique iso-osmotic formulation (there are no other iso-osmotic vaginal moisturisers – as at May 2016) is designed to release water to rehydrate dry vaginal tissues as and when it is needed, over extended periods, such as 1-3 days. YES VM will instantly sooth and calm irritation, itching and burning. YES VM is a slow release moisturiser, the rate of moisturising is determined by the degree of vaginal tissue dryness. The drier they are the more water will be released. YES VM puts your body in control of rehydrating herself. Initially Yes VM may need to be applied daily and then every 3 days as symptoms improve.
How does YES VM protect vaginal tissues?
The pH of YES VM matches and supports the optimal vaginal pH; this ensures that the newly re-moisturized tissues are in their right environment. The physiological pH of the vagina creates an ideal environment that protects against infections such as Bacterial Vaginosis and Thrush outbreaks.
How are YES VM & YES WB different from other Vaginal Moisturizers?
There are so many ways that all YES products are different we call it an INTIMATE REVOLUTION.
Here are some of them:
- YES WB water based natural lubricant is dual action; an outstanding lubricant and can remoisturise too
- YES WB is the only certified organic medical device available on NHS prescription in UK
- YES VM is the only certified organic vaginal moisturiser in the world, which means it is certified free from parabens, petrochemicals, processing aids and contaminants, synthetic thickeners, untested ‘natural’ ingredients, pesticides, genetically modified ingredients and known skin irritants. This goes for all YES products – they are all certified organic by the Soil Association
- YES WB and YES VM are free from glycerin, which is thought to encourage growth of Candida albicans (as are all our products)
- YES WB water based natural lubricant feels so like the real thing, it can be surprising and doesn’t smell or taste, neither does it leave that horrid tacky sticky feeling on your skin
- YES VM does not create any white “fall out” that we have heard other vaginal moisturisers may casue
Read more about YES VM here
More information on Vaginal Dryness/Atrophy