Published April 2021
YES Partners with The Eve Appeal for Get Lippy 2021
This May, The YES YES Company is proud to support The Eve Appeal’s Get Lippy campaign.
About The Eve Appeal & Get Lippy
Each year in the UK, over 21,000 women are diagnosed with a gynaecological cancer. Early diagnosis is important and many of these cases can be successfully treated. However, some treatments can lead to long-term consequences, affecting sexual function and relationships. Help and support is available through the NHS and cancer charities, but understanding the changes which occur due to surgery or treatment, can make a real difference to how we recover and find a new way forward.
The Eve Appeal is a UK charity raising awareness and funding research for the prevention and earlier diagnosis of all five gynaecological cancers – womb, ovarian, cervical, vulval and vaginal. They have a clear vision – a future where fewer women develop gynaecological cancers, and more women survive. Their taboo-busting Get Lippy campaign encourages us to talk more openly about gynaecological health and raise awareness of symptoms of the five gynae cancers, so that early treatment can be sought. The importance of destigmatising the discussion around intimate health is a cause close to our heart, so we are proud to support their work once again.
How is YES supporting the campaign?
Donating via YES® VM – throughout May, all purchases of YES VM Vaginal Moisturiser will support the Get Lippy campaign, with a percentage of sales donated to The Eve Appeal.
Educational webinars – join us for a free live webinar with Gynae Cancer Nurse Specialist, Dr Tracie Miles, on Tuesday 11th May at 12.30pm – ‘Managing the long-term effect of gynaecological cancer treatment on vaginal health and sexual wellbeing’.
Dr Miles will be joined by YES Ambassador, Lavinia Winch (who has had personal experience of a gynaecological cancer), to discuss the possible side effects of treatment, where to seek help and provide tips on how to manage symptoms. Dr Tracie Miles has 38 years of experience in the NHS and is the Information Specialist Nurse for the ‘Ask Eve’ service at The Eve Appeal. Click on this link here to register for the webinar.
Sharing informative content via socials – keep an eye on our socials during May, as we’ll be posting links to our resources and informative content on how to look after your intimate health post-cancer treatment. In the meantime, check out a couple of our resources here:
- Treat Post Breast Cancer Vaginal Dryness with a Natural Remedy
- Guest blog: ‘Lube is not shameful; lube is your friend’ by Hannah Cosham
- YES and The Eve Appeal discuss the signs and symptoms of the five gynaecological cancers
There are plenty of ways to donate to the Get Lippy campaign:
- Buy a Get Lippy product – The Eve Appeal have partnered with some huge names in health and beauty this year, such as Carmex, Elemis, Votary and The YES YES Company. Each brand donates a percentage of their sales during May. A full list of products be launched on May 1st, on The Eve Appeal website here.
- Get Lippy Run, 16th May 2021 – Run a half or full marathon around your local area for The Eve Appeal. Or join the virtual run!
- Get Lippy Day, 21st May 2021 – Send a kiss in a selfie and tag three people you miss on social media who you can challenge to #GETLIPPY. Text LIPPY to 70490 to donate £5.
Full details are available on the Get Lippy website.
For too long gynaecological health has been shrouded with shame, seen as just ‘women’s issues’ and hushed through the generations. Join us this May to #GetLippy and break down the taboos around gynaecological health.