Home » The full YES product range – Natural, organic lubricants, moisturisers & washes » YES Baby – What is a sperm friendly lubricant system?
YES Baby – What is a sperm friendly lubricant system?
A fertility friendly lubricant system enables couples, trying to conceive, to use lubricants that are pH and osmolality matched to semen during ovulation and matched to typical vaginal pH after ovulation. Semen is neutral to alkaline, so using an acidic lubricant at ovulation may damage sperm motility. The vagina is typically acidic, which maintains a healthy defence against infection, so using a neutral to alkaline lubricant all month may impact vaginal health. The typical acidic vaginal environment protects against infections such as Bacterial Vaginosis and Thrush.
What is in a fertility friendly Lubricant System?
What is in YES Baby?
YES Baby Pack 1 ( Sperm friendly)
Aloe vera*, Cyamopsis tetragonolobus (Guar gum)*, Ceratonia siliqua (Locust bean gum)*, Lonicera caprifolium (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Sodium chloride, Citric acid, Sodium hydroxide.
YES Baby Pack 2 (Vagina friendly)
Aloe vera*, Cyamopsis tetragonolobus (Guar gum)*, Ceratonia siliqua (Locust bean gum)*, Linum usitatissimum (Flax extract)”, Xanthan gum, Sodium chloride, Citric acid, Potassium sorbate, Phenoxyethanol.
*Organically grown ingredients.
YES Baby is protected by international patents
How does YES Baby differ from other products?
|YES Baby||Fertility Friendly Lubricants
(Pre-Seed, Conceive Plus, Zestica)
|A two-pack conception friendly lubricant system. Holistic view of vaginal pH management||A one pack, high pH sperm/fertility friendly lubricant. Ignores vaginal pH considerations. Sperm pH centric|
|Guaranteed pure & natural through Soil Association Organic Certification||No purity or natural guarantees, all contain synthetic chemicals and Methylparaben as a preservative|
|Addresses both sperm and vaginal health, with ovulation sticks to enable self management*||Only sperm focused, no pH reduction, leaves vaginal pH high increasing risk of infection*|
*Infections such as Bacterial vaginosis and thrush are more likely when the protective vaginal pH is elevated. Bacterial vaginosis is known to be a risk factor in early miscarriage.
Ref: Relationship of Vaginal Bacteria and Inflammation With Conception and Early Pregnancy Loss Following In-Vitro Fertilization – Linda O. Eckert, Donald E. Moore, Dorothy L. Patton, Kathy J. Agnew, and David A. Eschenbach. Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Washington, Harborview Medical Center, 325 9th Ave, Box 359865, Seattle, Seattle, WA, 98104, USA.
This link will take you to the study summary:
If you've tried our product why not rate it and add your review?
If you have tried our products and would like to submit a review please complete the form below. Please enter your name as you would like it to appear after the review, for example "Charlie, Scotland".
We do not require your email address or order number, but if you provide either this will help us to improve our service. If you provide both we will enter you into a monthly prize draw for free YES products.
Hi there, Amazing product. I bought YES BABY pack last month and in the pack it said to let you know when I do fall pregnant. Well, I had a test today and it was positive! Many, many, many thanks
We finally got there! We've been trying for 16 months now, 6 months with Yes and we just had our first positive test 2 weeks ago. Now it's just fingers crossed that after so long trying we can get to full term. I must say you've created a product that is truly a joy to use. A great lubricant with its additional benefits. Iain
Used yes baby the month we got our bfp! Can't praise the product enough. Our little baby is due may 2015, Can't wait :) bfp = big fat positive pregnancy test
Questions & Answers
Please click on the questions to see the answers.
If you can't find the information you're looking for please feel free to ask us a question.
If you have a question about this product please complete the form below and we will provide an answer as soon as possible. If you include your email address we will respond to you directly as well as posting our response to this page.
- Do we need to use both lubs (sperm friendly and vagina friendly) at the same timeï¼
- No, they are not to be used at the same time. The sperm-friendly lubricant is for use at your most fertile time. This provides the optimal environment for sperm dring the ovulation period to enhance your chances of conception. The vagina-friendly lubricant is for use separately after the ovulation period is over, to restore the vaginal pH.
- Hi, I'm planning to use yes baby in my next cycle. How long before intercourse should I use the lubricant? As I didn't find any information about it in the instructions. Thank you
- You can apply the sperm-friendly lubricant up to half an hour before intercourse. THe vagina-friendly lubricant can be used after the ovulation period, with or without intercourse, to restore the vaginal pH.
- I guess I'm confused, I'm am interested in this product but what exactly is the difference between Yes Baby and just a regular water based lubricant? Do you only use this while trying to conceive and use regular lubricant when not trying to conceive? My husband and I really want a child but we are lacking in the sex department due to the pain I have when having intercourse without any kind of lubrication. Thank You
- As you require a lubricant to make sex more comfortable, and as you you really want a child, then Yes Baby is ideal, as it will ease penetration and provide the optimal environment for sperm. Most water-based lubricants, through a combination of their low pH and glycerine-based ingredients, are unkind to sperm, so using them during your fertile days can be counter-productive. Yes Baby pack 1 is different as it has the right pH and consistency for sperm survival, optimising the chances of conception. Outside of the fertile window, normal Yes water-based is suitable for intercourse, while protecting vaginal health.
- I have already had a baby. The first time we used pre-seed and I got pregnant the first month. I got a yeast infection right after. I am very sensitive and prone to yeast infections. I have been using coconut oil bc of my dryness and sensitivity but I feel that I am not conceiving (been trying for 4 months) because I am dry inside. My question is, will yes baby give me a yeast infection ???
- The distressing experience you had when using another Fertility friendly product is well documented on internet forums, with many users describing how they developed thrush. This consequence is easily explained. When the pH is elevated by a sperm friendly product, to match that of semen, it means that the woman temporarily loses her normal vaginal pH, and thus the protective acidic level which would normally repel thrush and other disturbances. Yes Baby uniquely addresses the need for a vagina-friendly product, to be used after the sperm-friendly one. The product has two packs: one is alkaline, raising the pH to offer optimum conditions for sperm and conception during the fertile window, and then the next pack restores the protective vaginal pH to its safe acidic level. In recognising the critical need for vaginal health after the fertile window has closed, we have been granted a patent for this original concept. SO, you do not have to suffer thrush as a consequence of using a conception friendly product. We perfectly understand that you do not want a recurrence as you try for your second child. The proper use of Yes Baby gives you that assurance.
- What is the expiration date on the Yes Baby 2 Boxes? Thank you.
- The current Yes Baby batch has a best before date of 10/15.
Twin pack, 7 sperm-friendly applicators, 3 vagina-friendly applicators, 5 ovulation tests and detailed instructions.
YES Baby 2 Boxes
2 boxes (each comprising twin pack, 7 sperm-friendly applicators, 3 vagina-friendly applicators, 5 ovulation tests and detailed instructions).
"We first bought Yes Baby (which was a success!) now we're planning on baby two so back to what worked for us in the past... Watch this space ;) "