YES VM - natural vaginal moisturiser
YES VM is our new Vaginal Moisturiser, a long lasting natural vaginal moisturising gel. Designed to match the typical vaginal environment with none of the skin damaging or concerning chemicals typically found in Vaginal moisturisers.
YES VM Key Features:
- Relieves vaginal atrophy and dryness, rapidly
- Alleviates irritation, itching and burning
- Moisturises and soothes dry and sensitive vaginal tissues
- Gentle and long-lasting rehydration
- Non-hormonal, estrogen-free
- Lasts up to 3 days per application
- Case studies show YES VM relieves vaginal dryness, itching, irritation and discomfort rapidly
- pH matched to restore and/or maintain vaginal health
- Bio-adhesive so releases moisture where needed
- Odourless, colourless, no stickiness or fallout
- Designed to match tissue osmolality* (this is important, see below)
- Safe for use with condoms
- Internationally patent protected
YES VM contains no Glycerine, no Propylene glycol, no Aspartame, no Parabens, no unpronounceable preservatives (like Diazolidinyl urea or Triethanoloamine or Imidazolidinyl urea) or Polyquaternium. Have a look at our comparison table below.
YES VM natural Vaginal Moisturiser is:
- Guaranteed pure and natural by its certified organic status
- Designed to be side effect free and deliver outstanding rehydration
- Innovative formulation with natural and organic ingredients
- Hypoallergenic: formulated to minimise the risk of allergies
*We mentioned osmolality. A vaginal moisturiser is in contact with sensitive and dry tissues for much longer than an intimate lubricant, so it is even more important that the vaginal moisturiser is designed to release water where needed and to be formulated from ingredients that are gentle. YES VM has been designed to match these vulnerable tissues in two ways. Firstly the pH is balanced to match typical vaginal pH (fairly acidic at pH3.7-4.5) and secondly the strength and concentration of the ingredients used in YES VM also matches these tissues. This ingredients’ strength or concentration is called Osmolality. YES VM is iso-osmotic to vaginal tissues, this means that it will rehydrate tissues that need it, but will not pull or push water into the tissues, unlike strongly hypo or strongly hyper osmotic moisturisers, so minimising any chance of tissue damage.
A review article that discusses the importance of vaginal moisturiser and Lubricant Osmolality in more depth can be downloaded here. A more detailed explanation of Osmolality in personal lubricants can be found here.
How does YES VM work?
YES VM lubricates the vaginal vault, the natural hydrocolloids (gums) are bio-adhesive, they gently hold on to the dry walls of the vagina and release water, where needed, rehydrating dry mucosa. When used regularly, YES VM will restore the natural protective acidity of the vagina.
Directions for using YES VM
Each carton or pack of YES VM contains a leaflet with detailed instructions for use. To summarise:
- The pre-filled applicators deliver the right amount of YES VM to where it is needed. Discreetly and hygienically.
- The 100ml tube of YES VM does not have an applicator, it is used for finger application to the outer and inner intimate areas. Many women experience dryness not just internally.
- For best results apply regularly. This may be daily initially, and then after a week or so, every third day. YES VM is safe to use daily or as often as is needed for comfort.
- The frequency of reapplication depends on the severity of dryness. The natural and pure ingredients in YES VM mean you can apply as much as you need to feel comfortable, with no dosage concerns. YES VM is hormone free.
Vaginal Moisturisers’ Ingredients & Osmolality Comparison Table, how does YES VM compare?
YES VM has been responsibly designed and formulated to support rather than compromise intimate health.
Should I use YES VM or YES WB?
Both YES VM and YES WB are pH matched to typical vaginal pH which means both are ideal for vaginal use.
A Perfect Vaginal Lubricant’s osmolality would be hypo to iso-osmotic, this means it would release water more rapidly, rehydrating tissues and enable intercourse. YES WB is slightly hypo-osmotic. YES WB Personal Lubricant is designed to release water more rapidly than YES VM, to instantly rehydrate and lubricate dry tissues to enable intercourse.
A Perfect Vaginal Moisturiser’s osmolality would be iso-osmotic, this means it is identical in water concentration to vaginal tissues and will release water as and when it is needed over extended periods, such as 1-3 days. YES VM is Iso-osmotic. YES VM Vaginal Moisturiser is designed to release water to rehydrate dry vaginal tissues as needed, over extended periods, such as 1-3 days. YES VM will instantly sooth and calm irritation, itching and burning as does YES WB. YES VM is more of a slow release moisturiser, the rate of moisturising is determined by the degree of vaginal tissue dryness. The drier they are the more water will be released. YES VM puts your body in control of rehydrating herself.
Which product should I use, YES VM or YES WB?
If you've tried our product why not rate it and add your review?
If you have tried our products and would like to submit a review please complete the form below. Please enter your name as you would like it to appear after the review, for example "Charlie, Scotland".
We do not require your email address or order number, but if you provide either this will help us to improve our service. If you provide both we will enter you into a monthly prize draw for free YES products.
After buying Yes VM I can say how much my life has Improved. I am 65 with Virginal Atrophy and a history of trying all other products on the market and from My GP. Well done for this it is great, just wish your tube had its own washable aplicator like Replens.
This is the best product I have tried. It has restored my natural moisture and reduced the soreness I experience when touched a huge amount. I apply the moisturiser from the tube daily using my fingers. I had tried so many products and was at the point of giving up physical intimacy completely when I descovered yes. I am so pleased I did, I feel human again. Thankyou.
I have been fighting the battle against vaginismus for six years and this moisturizer made such a difference....after several other strategies, using this seemed to finally help heal my body and I've been able to have pain-free intercourse! I'm almost out of my first bottle so I just ordered two more!
Questions & Answers
Please click on the questions to see the answers.
If you can't find the information you're looking for please feel free to ask us a question.
If you have a question about this product please complete the form below and we will provide an answer as soon as possible. If you include your email address we will respond to you directly as well as posting our response to this page.
- Hello, I have been using your OB lubricant for awhile now. My husband and I both are very impressed with its effectiveness without causing allergic reactions. We really appreciate the efforts you make to create safe, organic products. I recently found out that I have Sjogren's Syndrome and am dealing with severe dry mouth. A Sjogren's specialist noted that a vaginal lubricant could be used as an oral lubricant. My question is: I have some of your VM, unopened. Would your VM be safe to use for oral lubrication ? And if so, would it be better than using your WB for this purpose? Thank you for any assistance you can offer.
- Hello, your Sjogren's specialist is quite right. Our water based products are both suitable for oral rehydration, as they are muco adherent and will impart moisture into the tissues of the mouth to give relief from dryness. Both YES WB and YES VM are made from food grade ingredients and are safe to apply to the mouth or to swallow. Do try with the VM you have purchased. If you find its taste slightly salty, then you may prefer YES WB, as it is taste neutral. I hope you will feel benefitted.
- Hi, since a hysteroscopy a year ago I am experiencing an intense burning sensation during and after sex. I have no burning sensation at other times. The only other occasion was during a routine smear test at my gp, once they started to open the clamp the pain became more intense. My gp suggests it may be vulvodnyia but I am waiting for a referral to a gynaecologist. My question is, would I be better with the WB or WM product? I'm interested in the pack of 30 applicators and I'm struggling to know which to go for. Your chart suggests WB for painful sex but also mentions long term conditions which mine seems to be and suggests WM, so I'm really not sure which is best for me, please can you advise. Many thanks
- From your description of the burning sensation you experience during penetration, unfortunately it does sound as though vulvodynia has developed since your hysteroscopy. This hypersensitivity can be hard to diagnose, but many of our customers report an easing of their symptoms, and have benefitted from different products in our range. https://www.yesyesyes.org/why-yes/customer-expert-testimonials/?cat=8 https://www.yesyesyes.org/why-yes/customer-expert-testimonials/?cat=11 YES VM will provide you with the moisture that is probably lacking after your surgery, so do try that. If the sensitivity is at the entrance to your vagina, your fingers might be a more sensitive way of applying the moisturiser, in case using an applicator triggered the same reaction as penetration does. Conversely, the applicator might be a simpler means of administering the product, if touch makes it worse. Everyone is different, so I suggest you experiment to determine what you can best tolerate. As you might have noticed from the “yestimonials” from women who have suffered from very painful sex, YES OB plant-oil based has proved very beneficial. The texture of YES OB is rich, cushioning and protective, and has an important role in providing robust lubrication when making love has been painful. I would strongly suggest trying the oil based. A particular technique that has been developed to assist with issues of vaginismus and vulvodynia is call the Double Glide. https://www.yesyesyes.org/products/double-glide-organic-lubricants/ this approach gives a long lasting slipperiness and increases pleasure as well as comfort. Maybe I have outlined too many choices! Before investing in a bag of 30 applicators, why not try the YES INTRO, as this will allow you to discover a) whether your body is comfortable when an applicator is inserted; b) which variant gives you most relief, WB or OB, and c) the benefits of the double glide approach.
- hi I have lichen sclerosus so which is the best product to start with for dryness and discomfort thanks for all your help
- Dear Dolores, We have many reports form women with LS who find relief from their symptoms by using YES products, and most of them seem to favour our OB plant-oil based products. However the WB water based can play a valuable role too. THis is what Fabia Brackenbury says: Fabia Brackenbury - Founder of the Vulval Health Awareness Campaign and of the National Lichen Sclerosis Support Group “I am often asked which lubricant I like to use. In my work for VHAC and in my private life, I have tried the full range of lubricants available today and I find my favourite is YES. YES oil based is excellent for daily use to prevent dryness, even if intercourse is not taking place and YES water based is best used with condoms and before and during intercourse. Having a vulval skin condition often means seeking out a gentle product without harmful additives that may irritate. I find the gentle organic formula of YES is ideal for my vulval skin.” to read about other customers' preferences, do check out https://www.yesyesyes.org/why-yes/customer-expert-testimonials/?cat=17 It is best for you to experiment, especially at this early stage of your diagnosis, to discover which product or combination of products affords the best relief for you. YES INTRO or YES DG would give you an introduction to both of our main variants.
- Hi. Do you have a complete list of ingredients for YES VM available for me to see at your website? Thanks very much for any help.
- Of course. Here is the ingredients list: Water, flax gum*, aloe vera*, locust bean gum*, guar gum*, sodium chloride, xanthan gum, potassium sorbate, citric acid, phenoxyethanol *certified organic ingredients The list is displayed on the YES VM page, https://www.yesyesyes.org/products/yes-vm-natural-vaginal-moisturiser/ with further information on the product.
- Hello. Can i use this product while pregnant?
- Yes, VM will moisturise and lubricate perfectly safely during pregnancy, although it has been created more as a product to address vaginal dryness during menopause. We would recommend YES WB as the best product to use when making love during pregnancy, and afterwards, when breastfeeding.
"Thank you - finding organic and gluten free products is not always this easy."
Water, flax gum*, aloe vera*, locust bean gum*, guar gum*, sodium chloride, xanthan gum, potassium sorbate, citric acid, phenoxyethanol
*certified organic ingredients