Safe & effective vulvodynia pain relief with YES organic lubricants
What is vulvodynia?
Vulvodynia is a condition that refers to pain or soreness in the vulval area which is not attributable to an infection. The sensation is often one of burning and is caused by extreme sensitivity of the nerve fibres in the vulval area.
Causes & Symptoms of vulvodynia
Vulvodynia usually manifests itself following a problem with the nerves supplying the vulva, but its exact causes are unknown. The possible triggers for vulvodynia include damage due to surgery or childbirth, trapped nerves or previous severe vaginal thrush. Vulvodynia is not an infection and therefore is not contagious.
Vulvodynia’s symptoms are generally continuous – if they are provoked only by touch (sexual intercourse, tampon use) then the condition is commonly referred to as vestibulodynia. Many women present symptoms that overlap between the two conditions. Any form of vaginal penetration can be painful for those with vulvodynia and for some women, the continuous pain even makes it difficult to sit down. These symptoms can be very distressing and affect relationships, sex drive and even cause depression.
If you are unsure whether you have vulvodynia or would just like to find out more about the condition, then we recommend you check out the Vulval Pain Society.
Vulvodynia shouldn’t be confused with vaginismus which is caused by the involuntary tightening of muscles as opposed to a skin irritation.
How to treat vulvodynia
There are various treatments available to help relieve a sore vagina caused by vulvodynia:
- Lubricant – Applying an intimate lubricant or vaginal moisturiser can help to soothe the painful area and relieve the symptoms of vulvodynia.
- Medication – Your doctor might prescribe antidepressants or anti-epilepsy medicines to relieve the pain. However, conventional painkillers such as Paracetamol are not effective in treating vulvodynia.
- Physiotherapy – A physiotherapist can help you relax with pelvic floor exercises that can help to ease the symptoms of vulvodynia.
- Therapy – Cognitive Behavioural Therapy otherwise known as CBT can help you to cope with the impact of the condition on your life in general as well as your sexual life and relationship.
- Surgery – In extremely rare cases, you might be able to get surgery to remove part of the vulva. However, this is not always effective and therefore is not usually recommended.
Using YES lubricant to relieve vulvodynia
YES WB water-based lubricant is the natural choice of lubricant and vaginal moisturiser for women who experience vulvodynia. YES is guaranteed pure, certified organic and contains no potentially harmful chemical ingredients or any known skin irritants. YES water-based is a dual purpose intimate lubricant and vaginal moisturiser that is safe and suitable for use topically (both internally and externally) to soothe the burning associated with vulvodynia. As a sexual lubricant, YES protects and rehydrates delicate, intimate tissues. YES is safe for use with silicone vaginal dilators and sex toys as well as natural rubber latex and polyisoprene condoms.
Why use YES WB to relieve vulvodynia?
- Provides immediate relief from burning, irritation and discomfort.
- Suitable for use as an intimate moisturiser and sexual lubricant.
- pH balanced to the vaginal environment maintaining a natural protection against thrush.
- Hormone and paraben free, certified organic and hypoallergenic for gentle hydration of your delicate tissues.
- Recommended by healthcare professionals.
“Dear Yes Company, I have been battling vulvodynia for over 15 years & about 6 months ago was diagnosed with severe atrophic vaginitis. I am very chemically sensitive & was informed by my gynecologist that estrogen therapy was my only alternative. It was not the route I wanted to take since there has been much breast cancer in my family & too all the other possible side effects that goes along with estrogen therapy. A few months ago I “accidentally” came across your product from the internet & cannot THANK YOU ENOUGH FOR ALL THE EFFORT that went into making this non-irritating, unscented products THAT ACTUALLY WORKS!!! RELIEF AT LAST!!!!!!!I have shared your website with my Dr., pelvic floor physical therapist & friends who are having similar problems.I want to especially thank your office telephone receptionist, Lynn, who I have spoken with several times in the past few months. She has been very kind & so patient with my many questions. Lynn’s genuine concern to bring relief to my suffering has been quite evident. Lynn, may God bless you for the kindness you have shown me. Sincerely,A very grateful YES customer”
Kathy, IL, USA
“Return buyer here – having vulvodynia/vulvar vestibulitis, this is the ONLY lubricant I have found that does not further irritate the vulvar area. YAY!! :)”
“It has helped the dryness and although there is no cure for vulvodynia this has helped to ease the pain quite a lot. Thank you.”
Miss Ashman, Devon, UK
“I found out about “Yes” after spending days on end researching a solution to my doctor’s diagnosis of vulvodynia. I was told that sex is actually a good thing because it massages the muscles and helps the area relax but I was struggling to find a lubricant that didn’t burn or hurt somehow… and trust me, I tried them all. I’m thrilled to say that after 5 months of consistent use of your water based “yes”, I no longer suffer from pain during intercourse. Thank you so much to the makers of this phenomenal product.”
Tiffany, New York
“I have tried both water & oil based. The oil-based one is nice, but I really think the water based one is amazing – feels so natural. It’s really made a big difference to my comfort. I also love the fact that it is free of nasty ingredients. Yay for Yes!”
Susan, West Yorks, UK
“After 3 months of being in pain due to symptoms of vulvodynia I am finally able to go without pain during sex and the water based product is helping my body heal. I now have hope that life will be less painful. My man absolutely loves the product”
Sherri, GA, USA